Client letter is a new feature introduced since myTaxExpress 2012.
You can customize this client letter using your own file, so the client copy of return
file have your own business look. We also offer a paid customization service if you
want our help in customizing the client copy letter.
1. Enable client letter print
From myTaxExpress 2016, you can enable client letter print from preference setting dialog.
2. To customized client letter, first make sure client letter pdf/xml files exist
- Let's assume your software installation folder is "c:\myTaxExpress-Efile\2016". You need to find
or adjust file folder according to your own installation.
- Find or create a pdf file,
named "t1_clientletter.pdf" under folder "c:\myTaxExpress-Efile\2016\pdf", as your own client letter.
- Go to folder "c:\myTaxExpress-Efile\2016\xml", find a file called "t1_clientletter.xml";
Or copy "t1_clientletter_example.xml" to "t1_clientletter.xml".
- Generate a client copy print, you should have a client letter in the print.
3. Edit client letter xml file to adjust print postion
Use a text editor program, like notepad.exe, to open "t1_clientletter.xml". You will see
a list of print field names with its print position labeled in X and Y.
Adjust the X and Y values only and save the file. Then generate a print again,
you should see print position changes.
For example, the following moves the print of client's name to a little right and lower.
4. Disable client letter print
To remove client letter, simply uncheck the checkbox of "Enable print of client letter" in the preference.
5. Paid client letter customization
If your client letter customization has a template PDF file already, and only prints the information
already existed in current example client letter, we can offer a cost of $19.99(tax included)
to adjust the client letter print for your software installation. You can use this client letter for current
and future myTaxExpress software installation.